Monday, March 4, 2013

A Place to hang my bags...

Happy Monday all! I sure hope that you got a little relaxation mixed into the crazy schedules that most of you have. I enjoyed a weekend at home by myself while the Hubs was traveling. I did get a few DIY projects done around the home, but also spent time relaxing.

In January I gave you a list of my New Years Goals for our home. There is a lot on my list and if I continuously look at it, I get a little overwhelmed. But, if I take it a room at a time or small project at a time, it seems doable.

My first project was a little DIY in the master bedroom closet. As you have seen before, our closet is very small with barely any room for our clothes let alone my collection of purses and bags. There is however a blank wall behind the door that needed to be used.



That is where these nifty flush mount hangers come in....


I saw these on another DIY project on pinterest and couldn't get over how great these would be for hanging heavy items on the wall. Just gliding them into each other to make a perfect fit. I found them at Lowe's in the picture hanging area of hardware. They come in different sizes depending on how heavy your object is. 


My sister-in-law made me one of her reclaimed wood hook boards which I mounted two of the flush mounts on to the back of the board 20" apart. 





I then measured how far apart these mounts were on the board, then took my measurements to the wall and drilled 4 holes for each mount. I also added the plastic reinforcements just so theses puppies were not going anywhere!!



Then came the easy part....screwing the mounts in place.



Once both mounts were screwed on the wall, I slid the other mounts on the back of the wood hooks board into the mounts on the wall and....


Pretty great huh?


The last step was to collect all of my bags from the floor of the closet....literally! And give them a new home!



I am very happy with how it turned out. I have another little DIY to place above these hooks coming very soon! You might have saw a sneak peek on my Instagram (@eatsleepdecor) 

Hooks, bins & baskets are truly a girls best friend when it comes to organizing! If you are interested in the above reclaimed wood hooks, I am sure my sister-in law would love to make you one! Go to her Etsy Site here. This reclaimed wood is torn out of an old pub right here in Raleigh, NC! Love the texture it would bring to any entryway or room!

Have a fabulous day my friends!



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Loving the organization that is starting in that dreadful place!

      Delete
  2. A perfect spot for your bags and purses, Amy. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have some spam! I love how you made needed space, what a great idea! Your hooks remind me of the closet in my parents room in our old house. They were on all the walls. Love your bags too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie...yes I just changed my comment settings. It have been getting crazy spam. I love that old house feel within a newer home. It adds character doesn't it? Have a great day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews