Monday, April 28, 2014

Cha Cha Changes & House updates

Hi All! Sorry for the long absence. We actually took a week off and went to the beach for some family time. It was wonderful to get away from the busyness of life. We are back in full swing this week and I can't wait to share some exciting things coming up.



We finished Flip House #5 and will be sharing some before and afters on Wednesday. It really looks amazing. We are crossing our fingers that it sells fast!

I will also be sharing a fun partnership on Thursday. It has to do with sprucing up a small part of the nursery and I can't wait to show you all!

Some changes around here...

I decided to sell my entryway hall tree and start the hunt for a console table.


The hall tree brought some function, but it wasn't quite me and I decided I needed a bit of a change. It sold very fast and I was left with an empty space to fill. My mom and dad had an extra antique dresser that they weren't using, so I scooped it up. It is a great new little addition to our entryway while I look (and save) for something I want.





I need to find a mirror to go above the dresser and someday console. I have my eyes on a few! If you follow me on Instagram you would know that I found this beautiful Lucite and chrome light from HomeGoods. I am really in love with it. Not sure it will stay in this little location, but I like it here for now. It may float from space to space depending on my mood!



In other news...my brother helped me install double shelves in the nursery closet. As you can see in the pictures below there isn't much storage in that tiny room. I wanted double shelves and rods for clothes and storage for baby to be.



My brother used 3/4"x12" MDF for the shelves and some 1x2 clear pine for the support molding.


I will be installing the socket holders and rods this week. Then it is all about paint & organization!



So those are the changes and updates around here! How have you all been? Thanks for sending emails and pictures updating me on your projects! Keep them coming! I love to see how you are inspired within your own homes.

Thanks for listening to my Monday Rambling Sweets! See you all here tomorrow for a new round of Tuesday Treats!



4 comments:

  1. Love the lighter look the dresser gives your entry hall and I adore that lamp! Hope you had a fab time at the beach... welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! I am liking the dresser and how much storage it provides near the entryway. Isn't that lamp amazing! I am in love. Hope to see you soon! We need to get together!

      Delete
  2. Great change. The dresser looks beautiful there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I really like it too! My parents may not be getting this piece back anytime soon! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews