Thursday, May 1, 2014

A "Spotted" Nursery Closet

Most of you know our Adoption Story and how we have been slowly working on a nursery for our baby-to be. I was recently contacted by Royal Design Studios to collaborate on a fun project and knew I wanted to do something in the nursery, but wasn't quite committed to stenciling a whole room. So I thought it would be fun to have a little punch of something in the closet.


When I saw my friend Kristin's Drapes, I knew I had to go with the Cheetah Spots Stencil. I am kind of going for an animal theme of sorts in the nursery, so this stencil fits the rest of the room perfectly. 










The stencil was so easy to use and Royal Designs has many tutorials on their site for extra support!


Materials:
Paint {I used Anonymous -SW7046)
Frog Tape/Painters Tape
Foam Roller Brush


It was an easy process which only took a couple of hours one afternoon. I can't believe how fabulous stencils have become. I remember painting flowers across the top of our dorm room in college. Now there are trendy stencils that can look like upgraded wallpaper and will cost you so much less! Royal Design's has so many great stencils to choose from!







So what do you think all? Are you up for the challenge of stenciling something in your home? Starting small was the perfect way to get my feet wet and feel comfortable stenciling a whole room someday.

I will be sharing how I transformed this tiny closet next week! A HUGE thank-you to the Royal Designs Studio clan for being so wonderful to work with!

Linked up at: Thrifty Decor Chick

6 comments:

  1. Very cute and a great pattern choice ... adults will view the pattern as an animal print and kiddos will probably think of it as dots, a perennial fav of the young and young at heart. I bought that stencil the day after I saw Kristen's drapes ... so I've had it for some time now ... and haven't used it. Silly me. I had planned to use it on drapes then I thought it would be great in the foyer but now I'm seriously considering the "no door" closet in my master bath. Decisions, decisions ... your's is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I love the idea to use it in your master bath, but drapes would be oh so fabulous too! Let me know when you decide. Would love to see what you do!

      Delete
  2. I just came across your blog and love it. This pattern is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wall is so cute I can hardly stand it!!!! Great job, mama! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I am happy with how it turned out. Now to actually focus on the rest of the room. Baby steps...baby steps. xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews