Monday, January 5, 2015

A Look back at 2014 {Top 10 Posts} According to you

Well hello and Happy New Year! I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season. It was great to put most technology away for a couple of weeks and focus on time with family and friends. I am anxious for this new year and what it will bring. I always love a fresh start...don't you?



Today we are taking a walk down memory lane. This past year has been full of ups and downs, but without your support of this little blog I wouldn't be doing what I love. Even though I didn't crank out as many posts as previous years, there were still quite a few that were memorable.



Below are the top 10 posts of 2014...according to all of you!

10. A "Spotted" Nursery Closet- I love this sweet little closet and now that we only have a little less than 4 months to meet our babies, I am so glad I finished this when I did! Can't wait to share more ideas and nursery projects with you all this year! Let's just say that there are TWO little cribs set up in the nursery and I can't help but stop and peek in from time to time.




9. Adding Character to your home {Furniture in the Bathroom}- This post was full of great inspiration when trying to add a bit of character to a bathroom. I love the idea of adding a vintage or industrial piece for that unexpected look. 





8. Outdoor Dinner for Two- I enjoyed created this little dinner for two on our patio this summer using the limited edition green Ball Jars. Using what I had and nature around me made for a romantic summer evening. 





7. Top Design Mistakes {Rug Sizes}- This post is also full of inspiration and ideas on what to do and not to do when it comes to adding rugs to your space. 





6. DIY Colorful Fruit Umbrellas- I got my craft on and created these adorable umbrellas using Scotch Blue Painter's tape. It would be a fun project to do with your kids! Pick a favorite fruit and create!







5. How to Decorate & Style Shelves- I find that built-ins and coffee tables can be a bit tricky to style. In this post I gave you some ideas on how to use what you have around the house to decorate and style your shelves in 7 steps!





4. Master Closet Organization- I was determined this year to get our master closet in order and I actually accomplished what I was set out to do! Our closet was a walk in, but a very small walk in. And with babies on the way we had to move some of our dress clothes and other storage items that were stored in the guest room, into our closet. So I shared some great tips on how to organize a small closet without spending an arm and a leg! See for yourself....





3. Master Bathroom Updates {Painted Vanity}- After living with our builder grade bathroom for 6 years, we decided to make some changes. We added some color to the vanity using Sherwin Williams- Urban Bronze and lightened the walls using Sherwin William's- Shoji White. We added an oriental rug and some new artwork. Even though we still have a bit to go in 2015, I am liking the new and fresh updates!





2. Flip House #5 {Before & After}- We completed our 5th flip home this past spring. It is always fun to look back on the homes that we buy and sell to see how far we have come. We are hoping to add at least 3 more flips this year....so stay tuned for updates as we move along. To see all of our flip homes click HERE.







1. Keeping Organized in the New Year- This was the top post in 2014! I guess many of you like to get your organization on. Well this post has plenty of ideas including some free printable labels, organization tips that you can complete in 5-10 minutes and some of my "go-to" organizational items that I use over and over.




So there you have it! Thanks for following along in 2014! I am excited to see what 2015 has in store for this blog.

Do you have any suggestions or posts that you would like to see more of from Eat.Sleep.Decorate? Any blogging series that might peek reader's interests? I am open for suggestions.

Tomorrow I will be back to share my 2015 House Goals. Happy Monday!


1 comment:

  1. I really like projects like those fun fruit umbrellas. I also am trying to get organized this year - tackling the closets first - and those posts really help to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews